Do you want to access Facebook in Vietnam?
Facebook is the biggest social networking site that we all take for granted. Well, most of us. If you live in Vietnam, you might be less fortunate. The government of Vietnam blocked Facebook as well as several other sites due to claims it was a threat to the national security.
Whether that was true or not, we all want to stay in touch with our friends and family, share our pics and check out what everyone else is up to.
In today’s article I will teach you how to access Facebook in Vietnam.
In the past you could do a simple “DNS Trick”, but it doesn’t work anymore. There are two methods proven to be working.
- Free method using proxies
- Premium VPN method
Use free proxies in order to unblock Facebook in Vietnam
With the first method we’ll use free proxies which you can find on HideMyAss’ web site.
1. Get the Firefox addon “Foxy Proxy Standard” (not BASIC)
2. Go to the website www.hidemyass.com and go to the section IP:PORT
3. Search for a server with high anonymity and allowing https in a country close to yours (in this case it would be Thailand).
4. In Foxy Proxy (Tools>addons> extensions>Foxy Proxy> options), switch to “use proxies based on pre-defined patterns and priorities” (rather than “use default for all URLs”)
5. “Add new proxy”, in the following window, enter the IP address and the port of the proxy from hidemyass.com in the “proxy details” tab.
6. Under the URL Patterns tab, Add a new pattern, name it Facebook.
As URL Pattern, use *.facebook.com/*
The * means “anything”.
This will tell foxy proxy to use the proxy server in Thailand for all websites matching the text entered. Click ok.
7. Add another pattern, this time naming it Facebook Content.
As filter, use *.fbcdn.com/*
This is the media servers for pictures etc.
Also, switch your Facebook to https (secure http). Do this by going to “Account Settings”>”Account security”, set a checkmark at “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible” and hit the SAVE button.
What happens now is that all your internet traffic still works as usual, while only web requests sent to Facebook will be routed through a proxy. Thus allowing you to access FB from within Vietnam.
- It’s free,
- It works most of the time.
- It can be slow,
- Sometimes the proxy server will go offline, then Facebook will not work. When that happens you will need to reconfigure the add on.
Considering it’s free, and that sometimes you just don’t want to pay or you don’t have enough money — it could be a pretty decent solution.
HMA Pro VPN service will allow you to access Facebook!
A virtual private network (shortened to VPN) will make this process easy. You may have heard about this term if you’ve lived in a country that censors the Internet. In short, VPN will establish a secure tunnel between your computer and server in some foreign country of your choice, bypassing your local (Vietnamese) Internet Service Providers and their censorship.
It’s a paid service but from my personal experience — it’s worth every đồng!
- It works every time.
- Your entire internet traffic is encrypted, properly tunneled and secured,
- It’s damn fast! VPN is using dedicated servers.
- You’ll have friendly tech support to help you set up the service. Remember, it’s a paid service which means that they are at your disposal 24 / 7
- You will be able to unblock many other blocked sites: Netflix, Hulu, BBC… to name a few.
- Hassle free: Install one small app, run it, connect and you’re ready to roll. No messy add ons.
- None really. Maybe the price, but guys at HMA are offering great value for the small price. And the service is much better comparing to other VPN companies.
Both free or paid, guys at HideMyAss have a solution for you and they will help you to acess Facebook in Vietnam. I personally prefer VPN method because it works like a charm (go check pricing here) and I can also unblock many other services beside Facebook.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and make internet free again 🙂
Also, if you have some other tips on how to access Facebook in Vietnam, feel free to write them in the comments section below.Visit HideMyAss! »
What others are searching for:
- how to access facebook in vietnam 2012
- how to access facebook in vietnam
- facebook in vietnam 2012
- facebook in vietnam
- facebook vietnam 2012
- how to use facebook in vietnam 2012
- unblock facebook in vietnam